From Brooklyn Centre Wiki
- Charles W. Ehrke
- 808 Denison Ave., Cleveland, Ohio
- August's father, Ludwig (Louis) Stadler [1828-1884], opened his soap factory in 1876 at a time when a medium-sized gully crossed from his property north of Archwood Avenue over to the northside of Willowdale Avenue.
- Ludwig's factory was located in that gully just west of West 25th St.. Presumably, the development of the residential area between Archwood and Mapledale Avenue proved to be incompatible with a firm that utilized animal fats and tallow which probably produced noxious odors. The gully was totally filled in and now is the site of housing and retail businesses.
- Louis' son, August, started up his own operation on the lower end of Denison Avenue.
- ↑ A history of Cleveland and its environs By Elroy McKendree Avery, Lewis Publishing Company; 1918; pg.406
- ↑ Cleveland Plain Dealer, Jan 25, 1953, pg.6-B, obituary for Mrs. Anna B. Stadler
- ↑ Encyclopedia of Cleveland History, http://ech.case.edu/ech-cgi/article.pl?id=CS7